under VEU program
Do you have an old, energy inefficient fridge at your business? Time to get a new, energy-efficient fridge under the Victorian government flagship VEU program.
⚠️ We are not taking new bookings for display fridge offer until further notice. We will resume bookings as soon as we receive new guidelines from ESC.
To reduce the upfront cost, mitigate the effects of commercial refrigeration on the environment, and help the Victorian businesses during the ongoing pandemic, the Victorian state government is offering display fridges and cabinets to small businesses.
Commercial refrigeration appliances like hermetically sealed display fridges and bar cabinets have become essential to keep the food and other inventory items within the safety standards during the baking hot Victorian summers. The climate change induced extreme weather conditions have bolstered their demand.
Businesses like grocery stores, restaurants, cafés, and bakery shops are intensive users of electricity. Energy use on heating and refrigeration accounts for nearly 40% of total expenses in commercial spaces.
To know the accurate and precise energy consumption on refrigeration in your commercial space, install an energy monitor and check the energy usage of a particular or all appliances.
While energy costs on lighting can be reduced by switching to LED lights, a fairly large amount of energy consumption by display fridges and deep freezers remains a concern for business owners.
Moreover, old refrigerators use fluorocarbon based refrigerator coolant like chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs), hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs) and hydro-chlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs). These refrigerants are ozone layer depleting substances (ODS) and they also contribute to global warming.
- Reduced energy consumption on refrigeration
- Lower energy bills
- Better cooling performance
- Constant food-safe temperature levels
- Lower maintenance and running costs
- Reduced carbon footprints
- Victorian government rebates
- Improved workplace safety
- Better productivity
- Quality products approved under VEU program
- Greater ROI
Display fridges and bar cabinets are being offered under the VEU program to small and medium-sized businesses in Victoria to help achieve the Victoria government’s long-term target of net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 under the Victoria’s Climate Change Act 2017.
The NSW government is also offering rebates on display fridges under the ESS program.
Display fridges and cabinets installed under the VEU program are highly energy-efficient, that helps businesses in slashing cooling costs and energy bills drastically. Furthermore, they have reduced operating noise and minimises the harmful effects of CFCs and HCFCs on the environment.
The display fridges and cabinets offered under the VEU program use natural refrigerant like carbon dioxide (CO2) or Hydrocarbons like Isobutane (R600a) and Propane (R290), or blended hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) like R404a. These natural refrigerants neither deplete the ozone layer nor do they contribute to global warming.
Moreover, natural refrigerants have a higher cooling efficiency than their traditional counterparts.
drink displays in Victoria?
Your business is eligible for display fridge(s) if you have:
- A registered business in Victoria
- Active ABN
- Running operations from a commercial space
VEU is an energy efficiency and carbon offset program formulated and regulated by the state government of Victoria. It assists small businesses (and households) in reducing energy bills by offering rebates on energy-efficient products and services like display fridges, heat pump water heater upgrade, chimney seals and extractor fan covers.
Energy saving and maintenance tips for fridges and freezers
- Try to reduce the fridge door open time
- Keep the fridge full of inventory, but don’t overstock
- Make sure the fridge door sealing gaskets are airtight
- Keep the fridge display stains and smudge free
- Set to optimal cooling temperature
- Make sure the condenser and evaporator coils are clean
- Leave some space behind and below the fridge cabinet to
- Allow air-circulation between the walls/floor and fridge.
- Maintain cleanliness inside the fridge
- Keep the glass door of the fridge condensation free
- Don’t install or keep the fridge near a heat source or in sunlight.